How Does Encartele Jail Phone Service Work? Features of Encartele Jail Phone Service System
Knowing More about Encartele Jail Phone Service System
VoIP or Voice over Internet Protocol technology is used by Encartele inmate telephone service for providing voice communication to correctional facilities. Multiple data/switching centers are used along with networks in order to process and rout calls made by inmates. The solution provided by Encartele inmate telephone service is a centralized system that offers higher level system redundancy in order to enable data security, easy access and management.
The data/switching systems offered by Encartele are situated in a secure location and are connected to their network by means of fiber network connections.
The system is completely web-based and with the help of a simple internet connection, the administrative personnel can access the data from anywhere managing the system via web portals. The switching centers work in perfect coordination with one another which enables a jail phone service system that is safe and reliable for use by all authorized personnel. It allows several affiliated agencies, such as the FBI or the US Marshall Service to access the system as well. The jail phone system can be accessed by the ATF and other connected government agencies from any location. All details of calls made from the phones can be retrieved. It also enables the blocking or restriction of specific numbers and the calls can be monitored on a live basis from any computer with just an internet connection.
Features of the Encartele Jail Phone Service System
- Flexible telephone service schedule
- Flexible security access control
- Call allow tables
- Free call features
- 3-way call detection features
- Monitoring on a live basis
- Recording and monitoring of visitation
- Web-based account management
- Web-based reporting
- Web-based system management
- Automated PIN integration
- Prepaid calling system
- Covert alert facility
- Blended debit/collect calling
- Call restriction tables
- Tiered security access control
- Call limits by usage/frequency
- Support for multiple languages
- Speed dialing can be programmed
- Call duration timing
- Reports can be customized
- Web-based service system
- Web-based recording playback
- JMS integration
- PINs for inmates – Personal identity numbers provided
- Calling card system
The reports and recordings of the calls by inmates are stored at another site and are restricted to viewing only by authorized staff of the correctional facilities. Several features are provided for ensuring safety and security of the data, such as:
- Biometric palm readers
- Double interlock, dry pipe fire suppression and pre-action
- Smoke detection system above and below raised floor
- Multi-layer security control procedures
- Uninterruptable, redundant AC and DC power systems
- Alarm reporting and a closed circuit video provided 24/7
- HVAC redundant design and air distribution provided under raised flooring for effective temperature control.
Web Portal Provided By Encartele
The web portal is created to provide easy access to authorized staff of the correctional institution. It is easy for investigators to listen to calls and note details, make recordings and listen to them. The staff can also block or allow any numbers and manage phone on/off times according to their needs. A user management facility allows the addition or deletion of users as well. The EnSight Reporting system is capable of providing regular call details and reporting along with commission statements that can be obtained online. In addition, customized reports can be made available according to the specifications of individual facilities.
Collect Calling Facilities
Collect call facilities are offered to clients with telephone numbers that are able to receive and be billed for collect calls on their local telephone bill. Before such a collect call is connected with the telephone number, the system provided by Encartele inmate telephone service will verify whether such a call can be billed to the number. These verifications include:
- Verifying whether the called number can accept collect calls.
- Verifying whether there is any block to the called number.
- Verifying whether the called number has exceeded the toll billing limits or any other limits.
- Verifying whether the local telephone company is capable of offering the billing service.
In addition to collect calling, all customers can have access to prepaid accounts. This kind of account is very useful as customers can control and limit the amount of calls made to a particular number. Another advantage is that calls can also be made to cell phones as well as phones that cannot accept or be billed for traditional calls. The customers can use the online portal for setting up an account in the prepaid system. Customers can also contact the operator at the Encartele inmate telephone service center in order to make deposits and create an account. The deposit is made into the account and the inmate can start calling them on the specified number.
The MInuteMizer program is offered by Encartele for prepaid accounts. Customers who make deposits of $40 or more are given incentives and bonuses. The bonuses are based on percentage and higher deposits attract larger bonuses. You can get more information about the MInuteMizer by clicking on the logo.
Prepaid Calling Cards
Encartele also provides this optional service to customers:
- Customers who buy prepaid calling cards can place calls to numbers in the US as well as international numbers.
- The Encartele telephone number screening feature screens all telephone numbers and calls made through prepaid calling cards. It can therefore prevent calls being placed to telephone numbers that have been blocked by the authorities.
- There are several denominations in which the prepaid calling cards are sold, such as $5 and $10, which are most common. These denominations are decided by the jail authorities.
- The inmates in the correctional facilities can directly purchase these prepaid calling cards, but they can only use the cards on the network provided by Encartele inmate telephone service and cannot be used outside the jail facility.
Encartele Contact Information
Website Contact Page: http://www.encartele.net/?page_id=473
ReferencesJail Phone Calls.
Learn more about Jail Telephone Providers, Jail Phone Service or Contact Us.
Search The Web:
Quote of the moment: “A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?” - Albert Einstein
Alabama (AL) | Alaska (AK) | American Samoa (AS) | Arizona (AZ) | Arkansas (AR) | California (CA) | Colorado (CO) | Connecticut (CT) | Delaware (DE) | District of Columbia (DC) | Florida (FL) | Georgia (GA) | Hawaii (HI) | Idaho (ID) | Illinois (IL) | Indiana (IN) | Iowa (IA) | Kansas (KS) | Kentucky (KY) | Louisiana (LA) | Maine (ME) | Marshall Islands (MH) | Maryland (MD) | Massachusetts (MA) | Michigan (MI) | Minnesota (MN) | Mississippi (MS) | Missouri (MO) | Montana (MT) | Nebraska (NE) | Nevada (NV) | New Hampshire (NH) | New Jersey (NJ) | New Mexico (NM) | New York (NY) | North Carolina (NC) | North Dakota (ND) | Ohio (OH) | Oklahoma (OK) | Oregon (OR) | Pennsylvania (PA) | Puerto Rico (PR) | Rhode Island (RI) | South Carolina (SC) | South Dakota (SD) | Tennessee (TN) | Texas (TX) | Utah (UT) | Vermont (VT) | Virginia (VA) | Virgin Islands (VI) | Washington (WA) | West Virginia (WV) | Wisconsin (WI) | Wyoming (WY)