Know More about the Distinctive Features of Jail Phone Service Systems
Inside Jail Phone Service systems
When telephone services are offered to inmates, the idea is that they are able to get in touch with their families and can remain in constant contact with the outside world. This makes the rehabilitation process that much easier when they are released from jail.
The Jail Phone Service system helps inmates to remain in contact with their family and friends. However, it is also done by monitoring the calls and recording them, so that the authorities can be alerted in case of a crisis situation.
Know more about Jail Phone Service system History.
The hone service comprises of:
- A telephone switch.
- Regular telephones for the prison staff.
- Pay phones with security features for use by inmates.
- Latest software enabling the recording and monitoring of calls.
- A recording and archiving system for later use of call data.
Important features of the Jail Phone service system:
- Restrictions on calls for specific categories of inmates.
- Activating call restrictions according to individual identity of inmates based on their PIN, Personal Identification Number. It consists of 6 digits and is individually assigned to each of the inmates for making such calls.
- Features involved in restricting calls:
- According to the category and identity of the prisoners.
- Based on day or night time.
- Involving the duration of the call
- Availability of emergency numbers, such as 800,888,911 and other toll free numbers.
- Disconnecting calls and detecting a three-way call.
- Forwarding a call
- Use of multiple long distance carriers for placing calls
- Only calling numbers previously notified by inmates
- Ability to record calls: Staff is able to listen to the conversations later on if they wish. The record makes a note of the time, cost, duration, number called, account used and other details.
- An alarm and live monitoring can be activated for any specific inmate making a call.
- Jail officials have the ability to shut down the entire telephone system in case of emergencies like a riot breaking out in the jail.
- Blocking of specific destination numbers, such as the number of a victim or a government official, to prevent threatening calls.
- An alarm for a previously flagged number so that when the number is called, it can be monitored or even disconnected if necessary or if found to be of a threatening nature.
- Disabling a specific phone, so that a particular phone is blocked from inmate use in the case of any undesirable situation.
- Calls free of charge for inmates to counsel, lawyers or other special numbers.
- Several billing options, such as collect calling, debit or prepaid card service.
- Making international calls or international collect calls, which is particularly useful for immigration inmates.
Find out more on 3-way call detection and calling & preventing false 3-way call detection.
Don't miss our guide to making Jail Phone Calls.
Learn more about Jail Telephone Providers, Jail Phone Service or Contact Us.
Search The Web:
Quote of the moment: “Whoever has come to understand the world has found (only) a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world.” - Jesus
Inside Jail Phone Service Systems
Alabama (AL) | Alaska (AK) | American Samoa (AS) | Arizona (AZ) | Arkansas (AR) | California (CA) | Colorado (CO) | Connecticut (CT) | Delaware (DE) | District of Columbia (DC) | Florida (FL) | Georgia (GA) | Hawaii (HI) | Idaho (ID) | Illinois (IL) | Indiana (IN) | Iowa (IA) | Kansas (KS) | Kentucky (KY) | Louisiana (LA) | Maine (ME) | Marshall Islands (MH) | Maryland (MD) | Massachusetts (MA) | Michigan (MI) | Minnesota (MN) | Mississippi (MS) | Missouri (MO) | Montana (MT) | Nebraska (NE) | Nevada (NV) | New Hampshire (NH) | New Jersey (NJ) | New Mexico (NM) | New York (NY) | North Carolina (NC) | North Dakota (ND) | Ohio (OH) | Oklahoma (OK) | Oregon (OR) | Pennsylvania (PA) | Puerto Rico (PR) | Rhode Island (RI) | South Carolina (SC) | South Dakota (SD) | Tennessee (TN) | Texas (TX) | Utah (UT) | Vermont (VT) | Virginia (VA) | Virgin Islands (VI) | Washington (WA) | West Virginia (WV) | Wisconsin (WI) | Wyoming (WY)