What Is NCIC Jail Phone Service?
Telephone services, as well as operator services, are provided by NCIC inmate phone service on a wholesale basis to serve inmates housed in jails. The special software is known as Inmate Call Engine or ICE and is specifically targeted to correctional facilities. It is basically a call engine which enables the central management of phone services provided to jails by several service providers. Administrative costs can be considerably reduced with the help of such central management systems.
NCIC inmate phone service is able to provide special and advanced features including coinless pay phones. It is able to provide this service with the help of the ICE platform that operates on the basis of Voice over Internet Protocol, or VoIP. Managing the system is done via internet, whereby jail authorities can access call recording services without making any additional payment. The revenue is shared in this system and fraudulent activities are prevented. The solution available for service providers is suitable for both small and large prisons.
Existing service providers, along with new operators, can take advantage of this centralized management system from NCIC. All that needs to be done on the service provider’s end is to provide contacts, telephones and on-location services to the prisoners. Other responsibilities, such as billing, collection services, setting the tariffs, validation and customer service for the inmates, is taken care of the ICE platform by NCIC inmate phone service.
NCIC Jail Phone Service – Technical Specifications
Fully redundant Taqua iX 7000 Class 5 switches are used by the NCIC inmate phone service system. Asterisk VoIP switches are used by the service, and have the capacity to for handle more than 120,000 calls at the same time. The Linux platform is used to develop these switches and the Inmate Call Engine at the user end results in simple management of the web based interface. A user interface, based on the Microsoft web application framework technology, ASP.net, allows users to click on the relevant icon and obtain information without the need to know any details about the system.
NCIC Jail Phone Service System – Important Features
- Fully redundant switching equipment
- Calls limited on the basis of usage/frequency
- Kill switch for emergencies
- Voice mail for inmates
- Advanced billing options
- Support for several languages
- Remote programming/diagnostics
- Speed dial can be programmed
- All data has real time back up
- Technology developed to authenticate voice
- Voice over Internet Protocol – VoIP
- Architecture based on centralized call processing
- Real time operators assisting prepaid collect calls for inmates, 24 hours a day
- PINs or personal identifications numbers used for restricting inmate calls
- Comprehensive prepaid calling platform
- Blended debit and collect calls
- Announcements can be customized
- Free call options
- Automatic customer service for inmates
- IAOS – Inmate Automated Operator Services
- Integrated voice recording provided for international calls
- Real time reports available
- Web based call details
- Real time call monitoring
- Reverse lookup
- Support for several facilities
- Help desk support 24 hours a day
- Necessary information on inmates can be automatically imported
- Real time call blocking over secure web interface
- Prepaid collect system – assisted by real time operators
- Tiered security access control
- Multiple options for user security levels
- Call data and voice recordings can be stored offsite – use of secure proprietary GSM format
Learn more about Jail Telephone Providers, Jail Phone Service or Contact Us.
TextNow | Skype | PhonePower | eVoice | SpoofCard
Search The Web:
Quote of the moment: “If people aren't calling you crazy, you aren't thinking big enough.” – Richard Branson
NCIC Jail Phone Service
Alabama (AL) | Alaska (AK) | American Samoa (AS) | Arizona (AZ) | Arkansas (AR) | California (CA) | Colorado (CO) | Connecticut (CT) | Delaware (DE) | District of Columbia (DC) | Florida (FL) | Georgia (GA) | Hawaii (HI) | Idaho (ID) | Illinois (IL) | Indiana (IN) | Iowa (IA) | Kansas (KS) | Kentucky (KY) | Louisiana (LA) | Maine (ME) | Marshall Islands (MH) | Maryland (MD) | Massachusetts (MA) | Michigan (MI) | Minnesota (MN) | Mississippi (MS) | Missouri (MO) | Montana (MT) | Nebraska (NE) | Nevada (NV) | New Hampshire (NH) | New Jersey (NJ) | New Mexico (NM) | New York (NY) | North Carolina (NC) | North Dakota (ND) | Ohio (OH) | Oklahoma (OK) | Oregon (OR) | Pennsylvania (PA) | Puerto Rico (PR) | Rhode Island (RI) | South Carolina (SC) | South Dakota (SD) | Tennessee (TN) | Texas (TX) | Utah (UT) | Vermont (VT) | Virginia (VA) | Virgin Islands (VI) | Washington (WA) | West Virginia (WV) | Wisconsin (WI) | Wyoming (WY)