Find out More about How PAY-TEL Jail Phone Service System Works and What It Has to Offer to Inmates
PAY-TEL Jail Phone Service System – What Does It Offer To Inmates?
Jail phone service and equipment for the system is provided by PAY-TEL. This jail phone service is currently provided by PAY-TEL to several regions in the southeastern part of the United States. Jails in North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, Virginia and Alabama can access this jail phone service system from PAY-TEL.
PAY-TEL provides a web-based interface to family or friends who wish to remain in contact with inmates from the correctional institutes located in this region of the US. The user can create accounts and make payments through the web interface. They can also check the balance in their account or ask for refunds. Other services include the user being able to block or unblock any number they want. An automatic phone system providing customer service is offered to users and in case they encounter any problems while connecting with the inmates, they can access support and solutions from the customer service at any time.
The PAY-TEL service is beneficial to callers in the following situations, according to their policies:
- Those who wish to budget their call costs
- Those who want to receive discounts on collect calls
- Those who have been refused billing of inmate collect calls by their wireless carrier or by the local telephone company
- Those whose phone number has been blocked and is not able to receive calls from inmates
- Those who have reached their local telephone company’s limit for billing
PAY-TEL Jail Phone Service – Main Features
- If you are opting for a collect call, you can get information regarding the call charges.
- Only after the calls have been positively accepted by the called party, will the call be billed. When any call is made from the jail, all details of the caller’s name and the facility are announced and the billing starts only after the called party confirms acceptance of the call.
- A discount is offered for those who set up Family Connection Calling Plan Prepaid Accounts and this is cheaper than the local company calling rates.
Two kinds of accounts are offered by PAY-TEL:
The Family Connection Calling Plan
There is no need for credit checks for this type of prepaid account plan. By using this kind of account, the member can receive a discount on each call, but the discount will depend on the amount deposited in the prepaid account.
Direct Bill Account
In this type of account, the user must provide a credit application. After a satisfactory Beacon Credit Score has been confirmed, calls can be made up to the credit limit. The service rates are provided at http://126.96.36.199/paytelcom/rates.html
Details of Payments, Rates and Charges
The user can pay by means of Visa or MasterCard or by check or MoneyGram. PAY-TEL also accepts payments by Debit card, check or Western Union. However, the third party processor applies a minimum payment processing fee of $3 which can increase depending on the type of payment option chosen. There is also a minimum payment of $25. The user is also required to pay a monthly Bill Processing Fee in addition to the calling charges. These amounts are included in the local telephone bill every month along with the billing of collect calls from the jail. PAY-TEL claims to charge this Bill Processing Fee in order to recover the cost of billing, collecting and remitting different fees mandated by the government.Don't miss our guide to making Jail Phone Calls. Learn more about Jail Telephone Providers, Jail Phone Service or Contact Us.
Search The Web:
Quote of the moment: “When you show yourself to the world and display your talents, you naturally stir all kinds of resentment, envy, and other manifestations of insecurity... you cannot spend your life worrying about the petty feelings of others” - Robert Greene